Thursday, January 28, 2010

Decorating on a Budget:: Flower Garlands

Most of us with children are on a tight budget and it can be hard to find items that beautify your home without breaking the bank. I'm a tightwad when it comes to money, honestly (with most things anyway), and I won't buy things that are more than I, personally, think is reasonable unless I absolutely have to. It just kills me to pay way too much for anything and I get a small tic in my eye when I have to. Okay, not really, but you get the gist. ;-)


I've been searching for an inexpensive way to make the cabinets in our apartment look better and I found it! While browsing at Wal-Mart (which doesn't happen often since I like to go in, get what I want, then leave) I came across garlands of flowers on sale for $3.00. I bought one of those, along with a few separate pieces that were on sale for $1.00 each and had my wonderful husband place them on the cabinets since I am too short to do so, even with a stool. The picture below just doesn't do it justice and I couldn't get a really good one. It definitely warms the kitchen and the colors match perfectly! Next, I want to get some small ferns to place at each end, but for now, this will suffice.


What do you think? Does it go well with my other home decorating project?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good!! I'll have to try this.

Love your blog!

Tara said...

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails