Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tasty Treat Tuesday: Easy Beef Stew



This recipe is extremely easy and fills your home with the moth-watering aroma of cooking food. I make this at least once a month during the winter months and it's a family favorite. This recipe was made through trial, error, and figuring out what my family enjoys most. I don't usually use exact amounts on recipes, preferring to go by "taste" but, I've tried to get this down for you. I make this in the crock pot, but it can be modified for stovetop. I've had to do that before when I've not had much time.


Please enjoy!


Ingredients:

2 lbs Stew beef or beef cut into chunks

1 2/3 cup chicken stock (I prefer chicken stock because of the added spices)

1 12oz can of cream of chicken soup (or 1/2 a 26 oz can)

1 package hearty beef stew mix for the slow cooker

3 15 oz cans diced potatoes

1 14.5 oz can cut green beans (you can use more, but my kids aren't fans of green beans)

1 15.25 oz can corn

4 carrots diced (I omitted those today due to not having any....oops)

Minced onions


Remember, fresh vegetables can be substituted, I just use canned to save time and it still tastes great. Do not use frozen vegetables. If using fresh vegetables, I use approx 2 - 3 lbs potatoes cubed and 1/2 - 3/4 a whole onion.


1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock together. Add in package of beef stew mix and stir until blended. Add onions and set aside.

2. Add 2 lbs thawed stew beef or chunked beef into crock pot, then add vegetables.

3. Pour beef stew mixture over meat and vegetables, then stir well.

4. Cook in crock pot for 8 hours on low and 4 hours on high.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails