Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Low Carb Recipe - Oopsie Roll


Amazingly enough, though I don't eat a ton of breads and I eat very little sweets, I crave them when I'm low carbing. So, while on sparkpeople.com, I found a recipe for Oopsie Rolls and tried it. They are amazing and only have .9 grams of carbohydrates! Here is the recipe, just for you. (These were made by Cleochatra. Thanks, Cleochatra!)


Ingredients:

3 large eggs

1 packet Splenda

Dash of salt

Pinch of cream of tartar

3 oz cream cheese (do not soften)


1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees


2. Separate eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients.


3. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.


4. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.


5. Bake approximately 30 minutes (they should be slightly soft, not crumbly).


Makes 6 servings. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Aldi Mom said...

Jesus Christ that looks delicious!!!! *drools* Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

I'm glad you like it. It tasted yummy!

Tami said...

Ok, I'm convinced that I need to make these. I had no idea that so many recipes were made using these little gems. What have I been missing?

Thanks, Tara, for pointing me in the "oopsie" direction!

Tara said...

You're very welcome, Tami! Imagine, pizza again, woohoo!

Jamie said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you dig 'em!

Related Posts with Thumbnails