Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kids' Home Management Journal or Binder


So, the girls wanted to make a Home Management Journal of their own, titled, respectively Girls' Home Journal. They wanted a place to keep school work, friend's numbers (besides their phone), and copies of routines, etc, so we set up a small binder for them. It's been working rather well, they like having all their stuff in one central location and I thought I would share it with you!


Immediately after opening we have a list of Emergency numbers, which I've uploaded for you to use here. Behind the list of Emergency Numbers, we have a list of family and frequent contacts such as Mom and Dad's friends, etc.

Next, we have a generalized list of their daily routine, followed by the Morning Routine, After School Routine, and Evening Routine.


Each girl has her own section, which has a calendar for her to put anything on (birthdays, games, parties, etc) and behind that we have a list of all their friend's phone numbers. Also, in each section, they will have any pictures or school items that they want to keep in there. Their school schedules and report cards are in the master HMJ (Optimus Prime), but anything else would go in their home journal.


We plan to add more as we go, but I think it's a good start. Good luck with your own. Personally, I think HMJ's (or JMJ's if you're working) are great for Moms, Dads, kids, families, and anyone else who wants to stay organized. Honestly, I keep one for my schoolwork, too!


I entered this post into the Tip Me Tuesday giveaway at Tip Junkie. Check it out!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea. I hope that you won't mind if I use your idea to create a journal for my kids.

Tara said...

Not at all, Tami, it's a good thing for them to have!

I hope you'll post yours when you get it ready. :-)

Hoosier Homemade said...

What a great idea! I have boys, so I don't think they would be interested.
I'm visiting from Tip Junkie!
~Liz

Tara said...

Liz,

I'm glad you stopped by!! Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails