Thursday, February 11, 2010

What has Geometry ever done for me?

I've got my pinto's (with onions and salt pork) going in the Crockpot for dinner tonight (we made burritos last night since someone *cough* yours truly *cough* forgot to start the pintos yesterday) and Baby D is watching his video on sign language. I'm attempting to study for the TEAS test I'm taking next week, but it's not going so well. I keep getting distracted by other blogs (such as this one, which I just found) and by my daily dose of celebrity gossip, which, I freely admit, I am slightly addicted to. Mostly because it gives me an excuse to be snarky when I'm feeling a little stressed.


Anyway, back to the TEAS test. TEAS stands for Test of Essential Academic Skills and it's needed to get into the nursing program at my college. Now, I'm not normally completely slow, but you give me a book with math problems more difficult than basic algebra and I'll give you a look of confusion. The TEAS doesn't have math that's too difficult, but it does have some geometry and I have to say, I've never understood the importance of it. Why do I need to know the circumference of a circle? Why do I even care? I'm not going to be an Astrophysicist, so it shouldn't matter, right? Wrong. Someone, somewhere decided that I needed to know geometry, so, here I am, plugging along, trying to remember formulas. As you can tell, I'm seriously excited about it, too.


So, instead of staring blankly at the book while trying not to nag myself to death (see this post), I decided to write a blog post. It gives me a few moments of distraction and allows me to clear my mind, at least for a bit.


How are all of you today?

The pintos before I put them in the Crockpot.


Note: Don't forget to chew gum while chopping onions. It's the only thing that keeps the tears from flowin'.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails