Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Naggy McNagster


I don't know if I've ever told you this, but...


....I'm a nagger. A HUGE one. I nag my husband, I nag my kids, and I probably nag my friends, who are too fabulous to tell me that to my face, by the way. I even nag myself, and that's when you know things are bad. I come by it naturally. My mother is the nagger to top all naggers and my grandmother (God rest her soul ♥) was just as bad. If I had turned out to NOT be a nagger, there would have been a problem, I think.


Most of the time, I don't even notice that I'm nagging. Since I have poor memory retention, I tend to repeat things often, not even realizing that I had just said the same thing five minutes ago. Or, if someone doesn't respond to me when I first say something (such as "The garbage needs to be taken out."), I will repeat it until I get a response and it's usually not the one I was expecting. Sometimes it works, but, more often than not, I just get someone annoyed at me, which is the last thing that I want.


So, imagine my disgust when I realize that I'm staring blankly at my Chemistry textbook, attempting to nag my brain into 'getting' all of this stuff about conversions, atomic matter, and chemical equilibrium. I'm not a bad student by any means, but I find myself so frustrated over this class. Usually any attempts to study end in


1. a zone out complete with zombie fantasies where they take over the world and I never have to do homework again or


2. a complete nagfest where I constantly think, "brain get this, brain get this, brain get this! Why can't you do this already?" Both leave me a little exhausted and giddy.


And in need of a nap. My brain hurts now.


Note: Apparently it would be weird if one of Cami's friends saw me wearing a Mass Effect 2 sweatshirt. While *I* would assume it would be 'cool' (as if that's ever possible in the eyes of an 11 yr old), I got huge eye rolls when I stated this with sarcasm. A true mom's work is never done.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails