My husband and I have been working on a new daily routine for the girls since we have moved. It's actually been an easier adjustment for them than it has for me. Since I drive them to school and pick them up, they get to sleep later and get home earlier than they did when they rode the bus. In addition, they get to eat breakfast at home instead of at school and they really like that (plus I can make sure that they are eating well).
Anyway, back to the schedule issues. My girls are messy, very, very messy, especially
- Wake up and Make Bed
- Get Completely Dressed; Put Laundry into Basket
- Fix Hair and Makeup for the Day
- Clean up Bathroom Counters/Dresser Top
- Eat Breakfast; Rinse Dishes and Put in Dishwasher; Make sure counter is clean
- Brush Teeth, Wash Hands, Make sure sink is clean (hair free)
- Be ready to go at 7:20a
- Coats, Shoes, Backpacks put away
- Homework done; Placed back in backpack when completed
- Put away clean clothes in room
- Play time
- Daily Chores
- Pick out Clothes for Next day
- Showers; Put dirty clothes in Basket
- Make sure rooms are clean
- Brush Teeth; Make sure bathroom is clean
- Chat with
- Put Coat, Shoes, Backpack at top of Stairs
This is how they left their room this morning. I can't believe I'm actually showing this since it's embarrassing, but at least you know what I'm dealing with here. And, this isn't even showing all of their room! Alex likes to complain about it because she feels that she doesn't need one, however, she's the first to not make her bed or leave the straightening iron out. I'll update you and let you know if it works.
Tomorrow we'll get into the chore list and what Nate and I are trying to implement in regards to their electronic Christmas presents from Santa. It goes along with this routine.
Have a good day!
Update: They picked up their room and made the bed when they got home from school and it took 5-10 minutes. They did a great job!