Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Low Carb Lifestyle


I began my low carb diet today and I'm writing on here for accountability. I'm terrible with food. I'm definitely an emotional eater and I even use food to reward myself for a job well done. However, I have this stubborn baby weight to lose and I'm determined to get it off and keep it off. It's been hanging around (pun intended) since I had Honeybear and I'm tired of it. I lost 30lbs in 2007, then found out I was pregnant with Baby D, so all the weight came right back. I am DONE!


Here is my food diary for the today 01/13/2010


Breakfast

  • 2 Eggs Scrambled - 199 calories / 2 grams Carbs
  • 1 slice of Oscar Meyer Turkey bacon - 35 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • 1 bottle of water
  • Grand Total for Breakfast- 234 calories / 2 grams of Carbs


Lunch

  • 1 can tuna in water - 191 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • 2 tbsp Mayo (regular) - 180 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • 1 string cheese - 110 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • Grand Total for Lunch - 481 Calories / 0 grams Carbs


Dinner

  • 2 80/20 hamburger patties - 460 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • 2 slices Kraft American cheese - 100 calories / 4 grams Carbs
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce - 8 calories / 1 gram Carbs
  • 0.5 cup sliced peeled cucumber - 7 calories / 1 gram Carbs
  • 2 tbsp buttermilk ranch dressing - 110 calories / 2 grams Carbs
  • Diet Mtn Dew - 0 calories / 0 carbs
  • Grand Total for Dinner - 685 calories / 9 grams of carbs


Snack

  • 1 string cheese - 110 calories / 0 grams Carbs
  • Grand Total for Snack - 110 calories / 0 grams Carbs


Grand Total for the Entire Day

  • 1510 Calories / 11 grams Carbs


I also did 45 minutes of heavy cleaning (moving stuff, etc, etc) which burned approximately 244 calories and I did the Sparkpeople.com 10 Minute Jump Start Cardio Workout which burned 121 calories for a total of 365 calories burned! Of course, this doesn't take into account the other things that I did today that I didn't add to my fitness chart.


Have a great day and let me know if you have any great low-carb recipes!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Best of luck to you! I've recently started low carbing again. It's my 3rd day ...so far, so good!

You can do it!!

Tara said...

Thanks, Tami! As long as I can keep my nose out of the pantry, I'll be good to go! ;-)
Good luck to you as well. It can be difficult, but being fit is worth it!

The Aldi Mom said...

One thing I LOVE about low carb diets is that you can eat steak, one of my favorite foods. Oh, and you can snack on those little "real" bacon pieces and they are only 25 cals a serving, and hardly any carbs. It satisfies me when I want to "snack" but want to eat something big at the same time.

Tara said...

I agree, Kristal! I love that I can eat pretty much what I want when it comes to meat, eggs, etc. What's getting me is the potato factor!

Related Posts with Thumbnails