Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Easy Burritos (Mom in Law's Recipe)

I apologize in advance for the terrible pictures. Alex took the camera to school to take photos of her friends, so I was left with only the camera on my cell phone.


I made these burritos yesterday afternoon and they are amazing! Nate likes to take them in his lunch because they are easily microwaved and very filling. Here are the ingredients. The above picture is of the burritos I made specifically for him yesterday.


1 lb ground beef (or turkey)

1.3 lbs (that's how they come in the package) Italian sausage or bratwurst

2 packages fajita seasoning

2 can refried beans

1/2 cup water

1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 pkg shredded pepper jack cheese (optional)

8-10 flour tortillas

Tomatoes (optional)

Sour Cream (optional)


1. Take the italian sausage/brat's out of their packages and brown them. I usually brown the ground beef and sausage together.

2. While the meat is browning, open the two cans of refried beans, place them in a pot, and begin to heat them on medium-low heat.

3. When meat is finished cooking, drain well, then place in a large bowl. Add water and fajita seasoning. Mix well. Stir in heated beans and cheeses. Mix well.

4. Place approximately 2 spoonfuls in the middle of a flour tortilla, then roll them up. I use big mixing spoons. We also like jalapeno cheddar tortillas, but I wouldn't recommend them for younger kids.

I usually wrap all the burritos in cling wrap since we don't ever eat all of them at one sitting. Then I pile them in the refrigerator and watch them disappear!

For Nate's burrito's I sliced a small Roma tomato and added a couple of teaspoons of sour cream to each burrito (he loves that stuff....).

Have a good one!



3 comments:

Saved Sinner said...

That looks nice. What are refried beans? Are they just mushed up beans? Do they need to be a pacticular type of bean? (I'm English and we don't have tins of it here.)

Susan. :o)

Anonymous said...

Looks really good! I'll have to try them.

Tara said...

Susan,
They are beans that have been cooked, mashed, and fried with seasonings. Usually pinto or black beans are used. They are easy enough to make if you have any leftover pinto beans.

Tara

Related Posts with Thumbnails