Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby D's First Birthday!

Today is Baby D's first birthday! For his b-day we went to a restaurant with family and had lunch along with cake and ice cream. He had so much fun! He didn't know what to do with the cake. He picked it up at first, then sat it back down and brought his mouth to it. It was adorable!

Eventually, he picked it back up and attempted to eat the entire piece. He's never had sweet stuff before, so who knows what he was thinking. First birthdays are always exciting.

I remember how it used to seem like it took forever for my birthday to roll around when I was young, but now that I'm older it gets here faster and faster. I wonder why time seems to go by so much faster as we get older? Is it because we are wasting our life away by worrying about bills and such? I, for one, try to count my blessings every day, even if I'm not in the greatest of moods. The fact that I have four wonderful children is enough to make me smile even on the worst of days!


What makes you smile?



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails