Monday, August 3, 2009

Step 4: Home Management Journal

Step 4


Step 4 is about getting your Afternoon Routine together. This is mostly for those of you who work outside of the home, but it can be adapted for those who work in the home, too. FlyLady has these suggestions for your Afternoon Routine:


1. Get home from work and change clothes and put on lace up shoes.

2. Get dinner started; fill the sink with hot soapy water; clean as I go!

3. Sit down and drink some water for 5 minutes

4. Set the table and put some candles out


I've posted my Afternoon Routine and I've adapted it to my schedule. I'm glad I actually made this post because it reminded me to add to my Afternoon Routine. I forgot to add one of the most important aspects of my afternoon....HOMEWORK! I get a lot of my homework done while Baby D is napping or after he goes to bed. When he is awake, it's nearly impossible to get anything done. This summer Alex and Cami helped out a lot, but they will be back in school in two days, so I must plan ahead.


I found that the Afternoon Routine was needed for me because, as FlyLady says, "it helps bridge the gap between the morning and nighttime routines." That way I don't get completely off track.


Good luck!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails