Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pacifiers Anonymous

We are trying to rid the house of all pacifiers. The girls never took a pacifier was readily as Baby D has, so we've never gone through this before. However, I don't think that children should keep a pacifier past 18 months, at the most. We plan to have him off the pacifier by 15 months. I'm not exactly looking forward to it.


We've been slowly weaning Baby D off the bottle for the past few months by introducing cups of milk instead. He was a bit resistant, but, for the most part, as long as he received his milk he was fine. As of now, he is drinking completely out of cups and drinking whole milk about 80% of the time. I just want to make sure that he continues to get all the nutrients that he needs, so I've been hesitant to completely give up formula. My baby is growing up....

The pacifier is a completely different story, unfortunately. He is very, very attached to it. So far, we've got it down to two uses per day, at naptime and at bedtime. He is totally and completely resistant to giving up his paci at those times. Unlike the girls, who would tire themselves out by crying, Baby D will NOT go to sleep without his pacifier. I've tried rocking, cuddling, singing, all to no avail. So, I'm worried that phasing out the paci is going to cause sleeping problems for him and for me. If anyone knows anything that can help, please let me know!!

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails