Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Day of School Has Come and Gone....



In past years, the first day of school has been a real milestone for Ems. She is the child that likes to stay up all hours of the night and sleep all day, so the first day of school usually wears her out and sees her wanting to take a nap immediately after getting home. Yesterday was an exception and shows me that she is growing up. Her sisters are both in middle school now, so she rides home on the bus by herself and seems so excited about it. She actually didn't get home until 3:30pm yesterday, which caused me too much worry since they usually arrived home around 3:00pm from school, while Alex and Cami didn't get home until around 4:45pm. Talk about late! We didn't have dinner until a little after 6:00pm and everything was thrown off schedule. I've really got to get back in the swing of things.


I missed the ladies terribly and I think that Baby D did, too. He was so excited to see all three of them when they arrived home from school. He waited at the door with me for Ems to get off the school bus. He's such a sweet little man.




I hope that everyone had a great day, today. I'll be taking a small break for a few days so I can spend time with Nathan until Friday, then spend time with the whole family. I can't wait! The girls are wanting to try scrapbooking and so am I!


Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails