The Home Management Journal has been something that I've wanted to make for a very long time. When I saw how to make one, step by step on FlyLady.net, I knew that I absolutely HAD to make one. I'm really glad that I did. It has all of the information that my kids, my husband, and I need and all of us can look in it and see what's going on that day or the next or any time during the month. It's absolutely invaluable.
I thought I would take you step by step through the FlyLady.net journal making (she calls them Control Journals. Sound like a plan to you?
Get your supplies ready. Things that you might want to include are:
- A notebook
- White or colored paper
- Blank dividers
- ABC Dividers for addresses
- Jan-Dec Dividers for seasonal reminders such as birthdays and when to change furnace filters
- Sheet protectors (not the matte finish unless you have some, they are hard to erase)
- Dry erase markers in your favorite color
- Some kind of calendar for your schedule
- A small note pad for making lists or post it notes
- A little zippered pouch (for stamps, paper clips, and small items)
Here is a picture of the front of my Home Management Journal. It's not completely full yet, but I plan to add more to it.
p.s. I was thinking of making a post called "Touch of Nature Thursdays" where I give information on natural cleaning products. What do you think?