Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home Management Journal


The Home Management Journal has been something that I've wanted to make for a very long time. When I saw how to make one, step by step on FlyLady.net, I knew that I absolutely HAD to make one. I'm really glad that I did. It has all of the information that my kids, my husband, and I need and all of us can look in it and see what's going on that day or the next or any time during the month. It's absolutely invaluable.


I thought I would take you step by step through the FlyLady.net journal making (she calls them Control Journals. Sound like a plan to you?


Step 1.

Get your supplies ready. Things that you might want to include are:

  1. A notebook
  2. White or colored paper
  3. Blank dividers
  4. ABC Dividers for addresses
  5. Jan-Dec Dividers for seasonal reminders such as birthdays and when to change furnace filters
  6. Sheet protectors (not the matte finish unless you have some, they are hard to erase)
  7. Dry erase markers in your favorite color
  8. Some kind of calendar for your schedule
  9. A small note pad for making lists or post it notes
  10. A little zippered pouch (for stamps, paper clips, and small items)

Here is a picture of the front of my Home Management Journal. It's not completely full yet, but I plan to add more to it.

p.s. I was thinking of making a post called "Touch of Nature Thursdays" where I give information on natural cleaning products. What do you think?




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails