Monday, July 27, 2009

A New Me....that's Clutter Free

For years I've been someone who just cleaned enough to get by. And by get by, I mean barely scrape by. Generally there were toys, shoes, and books scattered all over the living room and dishes stayed in the sink until I got tired of seeing them or we needed some silverware. I've been ashamed to have anyone over to my house and God forbid someone drop by! It took a major cleaning just to feel good enough about the house to have my 11 year old daughter's friend come over. When that happened, I said NO MORE.


I decided to take control of my life and my home. I didn't want to live in clutter and messes anymore. I wanted my home to be warm and inviting, to smell good and be a place that my children would be happy to bring their friends to. I wanted my husband to come home to a clean, sweet smelling home, with a lovingly prepared meal and friendly, pretty wife waiting for him. So, I took action.


Since then, I've found Flylady.net and it has been a lifesaver! I've shined my sink, made morning, afternoon, and evening routines, started a weekly menu, and home management journal. Now, I'm not completely organized or clutter free, but I plan to be. That's where YOU come in. I tend to get unmotivated easily. I need to be help accountable, I need encouragement, I need to know that I'm on the right track.


Wish me luck!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails