Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meatloaf and Roasted Red Potatoes

I know it's not Tasty Treat Tuesday, but since I haven't blogged in awhile, I decided to do something similar. We made Tara's Marvelous Meatloaf recently along with roasted red potatoes, and corn. I've got a little step by step guide. Fun, huh? :-)


First, I added all the ingredients for the meatloaf (you can find the recipe here) in a large bowl, then used my hands to make sure that everything was well mixed. It's kind of yucky and feels pretty gross, but I can ensure that everything is well mixed and that I don't have a lot of cheese or onions in one spot and none in another.

Once everything is well mixed, put it in a casserole dish and form a "loaf". If you're like me and one of your children have broken your good casserole dish, you can use a smaller one. This one is pretty small, but 2lbs of meat along with the other ingredients fit in there perfectly.

When you've got the meat placed in the dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven.


Next are the red potatoes which need to be washed thoroughly. When they are clean, begin cutting them. I usually cut them in half, cut the ends off, then cut them in quarters.

Once the potatoes are cut to your satisfaction, place them in a large bowl and gather your other supplies.

I used extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, and chopped onion.

I do NOT suggest the onion, though because they get all black and crispy and can taste really bad. Of course, if you like that, then go ahead! I hadn't made these in awhile and I'd forgotten about the onion situation. Add in your olive oil and mix well to coat every potato chunk, then add your seasonings.


Once they are well coated, add your seasonings to your liking and they are ready to be placed on a cookie sheet and cooked for about 45 minutes to an hour. No picture of this, sorry. I guess I forgot. :-)


When the meatloaf was finished and the potatoes were close to being done, I put the corn in a cooking pot, added some butter, salt, and pepper and let it heat up.


Take out the potatoes, add everything to a plate and you are done! I took a couple of pictures of my plate, but they didn't turn out so well for some reason. Ah, well, c'est la vie. Season to your liking (if you need more) and enjoy!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails