Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tasty Treat Tuesday: Cheddar Jack Mac


Hello, it's me again. How are all you wonderful people today?


Another day, another notch in the slowing shortening clutter belt. I made sure to shine my sink last night, and did my morning routine. Go me! However, while mulling over this blog last night, I realized that I needed to add some interactive things to make it fun for you guys and for myself. So, here comes Tasty Treat Tuesday! Each week (school schedule and child schedule permitting of course), send in any recipes that you would like for me to mention (and get your name up here, too!). I will definitely check them out! What do you think? Sound like a plan?


Since I've just started this blog, I'll give you guys a recipe that my family loves. It's possibly my children's favorite side item.


Cheddar Jack Mac


Pasta of your choice (I use penne)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/8 c. parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 can evaporated milk (or 1 cup organic heavy cream & 1/2 cup milk)
1/4 c. hormone free butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Heat milk, butter, cheddar, and pepper jack cheeses until melted

3. Mix salt and pepper

4. Boil pasta

5. In separate bowl mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese

6. Pour pasta in casserole dish and add cheese mixture. Mix well.

7. Bake for 25 minutes.

8. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture on pasta and broil until brown.


Check it out!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm making this for dinner for my family tomorrow night! :) This sounds great as a side dish and I think that it will go well with Talapia.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Tami said...

Quick question...

How much pasta did you use for this recipe?

Tara said...

I generally use an entire box. It makes quite a bit.

I hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails